Corpus Christi has not escaped the problem brought about by substance abuse that has taken the country by stranglehold. With an estimated population of 325,605 in 2017, this county seat of Nueces County experienced a considerable rate of increase in substance abuse over the years. This is aggravated by the limitation in the number of rehab center Corpus Christi and the lack of Licensed Chemical Dependency Counselors (LCDC).
If you or your loved one is suffering from substance abuse, immediately reach out to a Corpus Christi drug rehab center and attend Corpus Christi AA meetings to address your addiction. Choose among the rehab Corpus Christi treatment options and be on your way to recovery.
Commonly Abused Substances in Corpus Christi
Similar to the US statistics, alcohol is the most common substance that is abused by some individuals in Corpus Christi. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention reported that approximately 88,000 people die in the US each year from 2006 to 2010. Texas statistics from 2009-2011 showed a 4 percent decrease in alcohol-related deaths among adults. It translates to 10.5 deaths per 1,000 adults. Nueces County, on the other hand, experiences 21.55 deaths per 1,000 adults which are higher than the state rate.
In the 2016 Regional Needs Assessment of the Prevention Resource Center (PRC) Region 11 where Corpus Christi belongs, marijuana is reported as the most commonly abused illicit drugs. The 2014 findings of Texas School Survey (TSS) indicate that among the interviewed students, 11.3 percent of the students have used marijuana. 3.5 percent of them having had used marijuana in the previous month of the conduct of the interview.
Substance Abuse Issues Specific to Corpus Christi, TX Region
The proximity of Corpus Christi to Mexico is causing much of the substance abuse problems that the city is currently experiencing. The fact that it is a coastal city makes it an easy pathway for illegal drugs.
Statistics from 2003 to 2012 shows that the gross total liquor sales in the Corpus Christi Metropolitan Statistical Area (MSA) has increased to as much as 61.7 percent. The increase in consumption explains the degree of alcohol abuse in Corpus Christi, Texas.
Aside from alcohol abuse, drug abuse also hounds Corpus Christi. Marijuana ranks among the abused drugs followed by opioids and synthetic cannabinoids, cathinone, and opioids. Our closest facility is in Texas Address: 11128 TX-21, Bastrop, TX 78602
Our closest facility is in Texas
Address: 11128 TX-21, Bastrop, TX 78602
Substance Abuse in Corpus Christi, TX Area, and State Colleges
Substance abuse in Corpus Christi colleges is also evident. Colleges are actively engaged in helping the city to curve down the drug menace. Texas A&M University-Corpus Christi has been educating not only its students but even the parents of students below 21 years old about the dangers of alcohol and drug abuse. The university crafted a policy that helps safeguard their students from any form of substance abuse which is stated in their Student Handbook as well as Code of Conduct. They also provide educational sessions to discuss substance abuse.
Types of Treatment for Substance Abuse in Rehab Facilities Corpus Christi, TX
Substance abuse, however, is not the end of the story. There are ways to be free from drug addiction or alcohol abuse throughdrug rehab Corpus Christi TX.
Rehab centers Corpus Christi are available for anyone who wants to be free from addiction and live a normal life. Various treatment options are available to anyone who is willing to start a new life free from addiction. Here are options one can choose from:
- Detox Program. Detox in Corpus Christi is an important aspect of overcoming addiction. The substances within the body which were accumulated overtime must be released again by the body. Going through medical detox Corpus Christi branches is necessary so that medical attention can be provided to the person undergoing rehabilitation. It will ensure that assistance is available 24/ since withdrawal symptoms can occur at any time. Detox center Corpus Christi area have well-trained personnel who will help the client to be comfortable while undergoing detox. Detox programs are offered by Corpus Christi rehab facilities.
- 12 Steps Program. Corpus Christi rehab centers offer the option of 12 Steps program which has helped millions of addicted individuals recover from substance abuse. It is composed of several treatment options that are also used by alcoholics anonymous Corpus Christi and narcotics anonymous Corpus Christi. It is composed of several processes that start with the recognition that one is addicted and needs help in recovering with your addiction so that the negative effects of your addiction can be resolved.
- Non 12 Step Programs. Non 12 step rehab in Corpus Christi are offered to individuals who are not comfortable with the 12 Step Programs. The Non 12 Step programs help people who are experiencing substance abuse to start living a clean and sober lifestyle. They are assisted to get to the root of their problem that caused their addiction. With that, the client is given the opportunity to take ownership of their actions that will also lead them to decide to start their remission from substance abuse.
- Dual Diagnosis Programs. Dual diagnosis rehab in Corpus Christi identifies any underlying or co-occurring mental illness that a substance abuse patient is also undergoing. It is important to assess any anxiety disorder, PTSD, stress disorder, schizophrenia, depression, or other mental illness that is affecting the person suffering from addiction so that the treatment program will be appropriate for both co-occurring illnesses.
- Faith-Base Rehab Program. Faith rehab centers in Corpus Christi provide a way for individuals who have strayed away from their faith to regain their spiritual awareness. It helps them regain their faith which has been studied to have a positive effect in the recovery of addicted individuals.
- Smart Recovery or Self-Management and Recovery Training Programs. SMART Recovery Meetings in Corpus Christi is a modern approach in treating drug addiction. It involves in-person and online meetings which allow people recovering from addiction to interact with others who have surpassed substance abuse or are also suffering the same addiction. They are given the independence and confidence in making choices in terms of their rehabilitation.
- Holistic Treatment Programs. Corpus Christi rehabilitation centers offer holistic treatment programs to people suffering from substance abuse. Aside from attending AA meetings Corpus Christi and NA meetings in Corpus Christi, it is important to heal the mind, body, and spirit from the damages caused by addiction. It is a type of program that incorporates multiple options and resources that are helpful in the recovery of the addicted person. The holistic approach views the addictive process as something that can be fully resolved by a person. It treats the body, mind, and spirit as integrated parts which should not be treated separately. And once all aspects are given their required attention, a person is then considered to have “recovered” from addiction.
Paying for Rehab in Treatment Centers in Texas
One of the considerations of people who want to recover from substance abuse is how they can pay for the treatment they need from rehabilitation facilities in or near Corpus Christi whether they opt for a luxury rehab in Texas or not. There are several ways that one can pay for drug rehab or alcohol treatment centers .
The following are options that one can consider in paying a Texas treatment center:
- Employment insurance
- Private medical insurance
- Personal savings
- Loan from family or from friends
- Government assistance
- Assistance from addiction recovery programs
- Payment plans
There are several options that one can choose from in paying for the services of rehabs in Texas. You can ask the substance abuse treatment center that you are considering the available payment options in their facility.
You can talk to the insurance verification team to know more about your insurance provider existing coverage . Free yourself from addiction and enjoy more sober days ahead!
Sunshine Behavioral Health strives to help people who are facing substance abuse, addiction, mental health disorders, or a combination of these conditions. It does this by providing compassionate care and evidence-based content that addresses health, treatment, and recovery.
Licensed medical professionals review material we publish on our site. The material is not a substitute for qualified medical diagnoses, treatment, or advice. It should not be used to replace the suggestions of your personal physician or other health care professionals.
Talk with one of our Treatment Specialists!
Call 24/7: 949-276-2886