UCLA Medical Group Health Insurance, covers health expenditures similar to Medicare and most private indemnities. UCLA is also connected to 100 local and national care networks. There are two main types of plans under the UCLA Medical Group Health Insurance: 1.) For students, and 2.) For employees.
All students enrolled in the UCLA have a mandatory health insurance plan called UC SHIP (University of California Student Health Insurance Plan). It is a comprehensive medical insurance program given to all UCLA students.
As for employees, the Univeristy offers a range of health plans to choose from, having the following inclusions:
- 2 Health Maintenance Organizations (HMO)
- 1 Point of Service (POS)
- 2 Preferred Provider Organizations (PPO)
- 1 Catastrophic Coverage Plan (Indemnity)
There are also 2 types of Carve out plans:
- United Behavioral Health (UBH)
These two Carve out plans supplement some services needed for the range of medical plans, such as those related to UCLA Medical Group mental health insurance.
UCLA Medical Group Rehab Coverage
Perhaps you may be wondering, “Does UCLA Medical Group pay for drug rehab?” The answer is yes, but the types of services available also depend if you’re a student or an employee, and which provider you will choose during assessment and treatment.
For students, UCLA Health insurance pays for counseling, doctor visits, and treatments with minimal co-pays under the UC Family providers. This can range from $10 up to $ 20 co-pays. Anthem Blue Cross Providers also have the similar benefits with a slightly higher co-pay, which ranges from $20 up to $ 40.
As for employees, the UCLA Medical Group Health Insurance are also connected to the network of familiar private medical insurance such as the following:
- Kaiser Permanente
- Health Net HMO
- Blue and Gold
- Anthem* Plus
- Anthem* PPO
- Anthem Lumenos
Whichever coverage they choose, they may refer to this page to know if rehab coverage is provided. For example, UCLA employees who chose Kaiser Permanente may avail of drug detox hospitalization and outpatient drug rehab services with a small co-pay.
UCLA Medical Group Rehab Network
Another factor to consider are the providers available for your health plan under UCLA Medical Group.
UCLA students can avail of mental health services, hospitalizations, and doctor visits under the UC Family providers as well as Anthem Blue Cross Providers. As for out-of-network providers, students must be willing to pay fees if it exceeds the Anthem Blue Cross maximum amount.
UCLA employees also have UCLA Medical Group rehab insurance depending on the provider they chose from the list mentioned above. The available health providers should be within the network of the insurance plan they choose in order to avoid expensive co-pays.
Common UCLA Medical Group Addiction
If you are considering addiction rehabilitation under the UCLA Medical Group, below are the most common services which are covered both for students and employees:
- Doctor assessments and visits (Psychological and Physical assessments)
- Outpatient services (Drug detox, lab work, scans, etc.)
- Hospitalizations (Overdose, withdrawal, etc.)
- Substance Use Counseling
- Our insurance verification team works quickly to verify your insurance benefits to place you into one of our centers as soon as possible. Because of our industry expertise we will be able to verify this information in a timely manner and can advocate for more coverage or more time in treatment. We strive to do this as quick as possible while also maximizing your coverage. Our insurance verification process is of no cost to you and there are absolutely no obligations.If you have a dual diagnosis, such as another mental health problem, UCLA Medical Group mental health coverage also commonly provides services for these other types of conditions:
- Personality Disorders (Borderline, Paranoid, Schizophrenia, etc.)
- Eating disorders (Anorexia, Bulimia, Binge eating)
- Psychotic disorders
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder
- UCLA Medical Group Health Insurance holders have the privilege of availing addiction and mental health-related assessment and treatment options. If you are deciding on going for rehabilitation treatment while being under this provider, rest assured that most of your health expenses will be covered either as an employee or a student.
Sunshine Behavioral Health strives to help people who are facing substance abuse, addiction, mental health disorders, or a combination of these conditions. It does this by providing compassionate care and evidence-based content that addresses health, treatment, and recovery.
Licensed medical professionals review material we publish on our site. The material is not a substitute for qualified medical diagnoses, treatment, or advice. It should not be used to replace the suggestions of your personal physician or other health care professionals.
Talk with one of our Treatment Specialists!
Call 24/7: 949-276-2886