Faced with the daily pressures of modern living, more Americans are turning to drugs. This situation is aided by the ease of access of drugs in neighborhoods. Americans are abusing alcohol, opioid, heroine, among other illicit drugs.
Hawaii, a volcanic island in the Pacific, is not untouched by the crisis of drug addiction, which explains the proliferation of Drug Rehab Centers in Hawaii. According to the National Substance Abuse Index, Hawaiians make up the majority of Americans who are hooked on crystal meth. The addiction has ravaged families, leaving in its wake, domestic abuse, homicide, and poverty.
The strategic location of Hawaii has attracted many drug trafficking organizations. One of the tricks of these criminal groups is to set up honest businesses and then conduct drug trafficking alongside business operations. As more and more Hawaiians surrender to drugs, law enforcers are having a difficult time pinning down the drug lords. The Drug Rehab Centers in Hawaii are doing a great job of fighting addiction, though.
The best Drug Rehab Centers in Hawaii are fully equipped and well-staffed. You may find a facility offering addiction treatment at a low price and you may also find a luxury rehab. The importance of Drug Rehab Centers in Hawaii cannot be overstated. The challenge is to attract addicts to sign up for addiction treatment.
For a meth addict, the biggest decision they would ever make is to admit that they need help, and check themselves into a Drug Rehab Center in Hawaii.
What to Look for in a Hawaii Drug Rehab
Considering that there are many Drug Rehab Centers in Hawaii, it can be quite challenging to settle for the rehab you want to work with. The first important step is to always do your homework. Here are some of the qualities you might want to evaluate before signing up to a Rehab Center.
- Reputation; if the facility has been around for quite some time, you might want to hear the opinions of those who have gone before you. You can track people down or use the internet to dig up reviews left by previous clients of the Rehab Center. Most Drug Rehab Centers in Hawaii have an online presence, making it easier to find the feedback.
- Staff qualification; you want to work with professionals. So, you might want to check to see that the staff of a Rehab Center is qualified. It is an effortless task considering that most Drug Rehab Centers in Hawaii put the qualifications of their staff on display.
- Equipment; it’s not a must that a facility offers luxury rehab, but it should have a great collection of equipment. Clients have physical, mental, and spiritual needs, which could be aided by the availability of robust equipment.
Locale; if a rehab is located in close proximity to a drug-fueled environment; it becomes harder to heal, because the trigger is within sight. You might want to choose a facility that is in a serene locale.
Benefits of Inpatient Drug Rehab Centers in Hawaii
Some individuals of drug rehab centers in Hawaii prefer to be outpatients than being admitted to the residential facility for the duration of treatment. One reason is that they don’t want to be stigmatized because of their drug addiction. Some also feel that their drug dependency is one they can manage on their own.
But there are benefits of residential treatment that no outpatient program can provide:
- You can be monitored 24/7 in the drug rehab centers in Hawaii
- Family members will have peace of mind knowing that their loved one is safe in the facility
- There’s less risk of relapse among inpatients
- The time frame or length of medication is carefully programmed
- There’s minimal variable (like uncontrolled environment) so healing and recovery is fast and steady
Inpatient programs in Hawaii drug rehab centers usually range from 30 days to 90 days of intensive sessions. The facility is also designed to be conducive to the healing process.
Lastly, the most important benefit of submitting oneself into inpatient drug centers is that you will be afforded enough time to reflect on your actions. You can carefully assess your life decisions and find hope to live a sober life with your loved ones again.
Now is the time to seek help. Call us today.
What to Expect at Rehab in Hawaii
Admitting to your drug addiction might push you to go into a rehab. Different Drug Rehab Centers in Hawaii may have varying methods of addiction treatment, but there are processes shared by all. Detox; first step in addiction treatment, you have to be cleansed from the drugs in your system. The duration of this process depends on the status of the affected person. For instance, a heavy drug user will need much more time to detoxify.
Evaluation; another important step in addiction treatment is the assessment of the client’s physical and mental health. The therapist inquiries about the effects of your addiction, particularly on your mental and physical health. Typically, most drug addicts have a mental illness arising from their drug problem, thus attaining a dual diagnosis.
Program education; in this step, the drug addict is made aware of the general matters touching upon their condition, and also the culture and community of the Rehab facility. They are introduced to the various models of addiction treatment and briefed up on the events of a regular day. In many Drug Rehab Centers in Hawaii, the day starts quite early, with addicts sitting down to breakfast, before dispersing for therapy. The therapies are custom tailored. Heavy drug users with dual diagnosis attend different classes than lighter drug users. Also, the doors are never locked, to send the message that everyone is in the Rehab on their free will.
Inpatient Drug Rehab in Hawaii vs Outpatient
Inpatient drug rehab is offered in hospitals and clinics and is recommended for individuals who have a dual diagnosis or are dealing with mental health issues and addiction simultaneously. Inpatient rehab is also suggested for individuals who do not have a strong support system or have a history of relapsing. Inpatient addiction treatment centers in Hawaii are located throughout the state.
Outpatient drug rehab is provided at various sites from clinics to healthcare providers’ offices to local departments of health. Outpatient rehab works well for individuals who want to get clean but have obligations to work, school, or family. There are a number of outpatient addiction treatment centers in Hawaii.
Understand Your Treatment Options
At the end of the day, the value of a rehab is measured by its success rate. Overcoming drug addiction is a two-way thing. The drug addict must cooperate and show goodwill, while the facility must implement robust programs featuring both prescription medicine and therapy.
Cognitive behavioral therapy; this treatment plan makes an individual aware as to why they have an addiction, and how they may stop it. There are emotional, environmental and even genetic triggers that lead into drug addiction, and when you become aware of how your body reacts to these triggers, you are in a position to overcome your addiction.
Counseling; this program advocates counseling of the drug addicts to change their behavior. It can be conducted individually or as a group. Educational lectures may be given touching upon the effects of drug addiction on critical areas such as family, personal development, and career. The counseling may be tailored for special-focus groups such as victims of trauma or the disabled.
Reward program; this addiction treatment model hangs on the idea that you could bribe a drug addict to get rid of their addiction. When they go for certain lengths of time without indulging, they are entitled to a reward, and the expectation is that they will eventually learn to stay without drugs.
- The 12 step rehab; this concept was invented by a support group of former alcoholics, and it states that people may help one another abstain from drugs, but full recovery can only be achieved when an individual surrenders to a higher being. Most Drug Rehab Centers in Hawaii consider the 12 step rehab sound philosophy.
- Holistic rehab; it is a unique treatment program that promotes the healing of drug addiction through unifying the mind, body and spirit. Holistic rehab may involve exercises such as: yoga, meditation, and acupuncture.
- Faith-based rehab; these facilities approach addiction from a spiritual perspective. They are based on the idea that spiritual nourishment is the greatest method of addiction treatment. Faith-based rehab appeals to those who have religious leanings.
- Dual diagnosis rehabs work with individuals who are coping with mental health issues and addiction. Physicians, social workers, hospitals, and clinics across the state can integrate care to help you recover from both mental illness and chemical dependency.
- Non 12 step want to achieve sobriety without the structured pathway that AA uses? You may be interested in a non 12 step program. Unlike Alcoholics Anonymous or Narcotics Anonymous, a non 12 step program does not follow a stepwise plan to recovery and it lacks the strong spiritual component associated with 12 step programs.
Traveling for Treatment
As most treatment facilities would suggest, staying close to home is not always beneficial for the abuser. More often than not, familiarity with the place and with the people will only encourage them to fall into old patterns.
Traveling for addiction treatment is an effective and understated method of dropping your addiction for good. The reason is simple. New location comes with a new attitude. It can be so hard to drop your addiction in the same environment that you acquired it. Also, when you seek addiction treatment away from your home, you won’t be inclined to fight with staff, or run away. Also, you’re less likely to run into old acquaintances that might coerce you back into drug abuse.
Paying for Addiction Treatment
Addiction treatment is an expensive affair, particularly for those who seek luxury rehab. If you have a good insurance cover, it may go a long way in relieving the expense, but most drug addicts have neither the money nor the insurance to cater for rehab fees. The addiction usually spurs anti-social behaviors and sends them to jail. And so, if you can afford rehab, you should consider yourself fortunate.
Insurance; an insurance cover may meet part or whole of the cost of your addiction treatment.
Savings; if you don’t have any insurance; or if your insurance cover pays only a percentage of the total cost, you may have to tap into your savings in order to pay for your addiction treatment.
Loan; if you have no insurance, no savings, but are employed you might consider taking a loan to pay for your addiction treatment.
- drugabuse.gov – Principles of Drug Addiction Treatment: A Research-Based Guide
- thefix.com – What is luxury rehab like?
- emedicine.medscape.com – Alcoholism Treatment & Management
- vox.com – Why some people swear by Alcoholics Anonymous
- samhsa.gov – Substance Abuse and Mental Illness Prevention
- everydayhealth.com – How to Pay for Addiction Treatment
Sunshine Behavioral Health strives to help people who are facing substance abuse, addiction, mental health disorders, or a combination of these conditions. It does this by providing compassionate care and evidence-based content that addresses health, treatment, and recovery.
Licensed medical professionals review material we publish on our site. The material is not a substitute for qualified medical diagnoses, treatment, or advice. It should not be used to replace the suggestions of your personal physician or other health care professionals.
Talk with one of our Treatment Specialists!
Call 24/7: 949-276-2886