The Maintenance Assistant is responsible for ensuring the work activities are completed with quality, efficiency and an attention to detail. The Maintenance Assistant to ensure the property is well-functioning, clean, orderly, and attractive at all times. The Maintenance Assistant is responsible for maintaining the functionality of the operational aspects of the program. The Maintenance Assistant will complete duties assigned by the Maintenance Supervisor and maintain all facility documentation logs. The maintenance team is ultimately responsible for the aesthetics and safety of Willow Springs Recovery.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Execution of work orders for on-time completion and to high standards of quality
- Communicate with Supervisor and other Department Heads to coordinate the scheduling of assigned work orders
- Daily adherence to Willow Springs Recovery’s accreditation standards and ensuring all facilities areas and equipment are maintained
- On call response during hours of operation
- Ensure all paperwork is properly documented and filed in a timely fashion
- Execution of Preventive Maintenance Calendar schedule for all building systems
- General grounds keeping
The incumbent will:
- Possess a basic knowledge of administrative functions including, interpersonal communications, office etiquette, and computer skills.
- Possess strong work ethic and high standards of workmanship.
- Possess a basic understanding of report generation, graphical analysis, and data interpretation.
- Possess effectiveness in building/organizing department trainings and quality control standards within the operations department.
To excel in this position the incumbent should be able to demonstrate the following competencies:
- Problem Solving – Identify and resolve problems in efficient and effective ways.
- Ethics – Treat clients, staff, co-workers, visitors, contractors, and guests of Willow Springs Recovery with respect and dignity; work ethically and uphold the values and standards of Willow Springs Recovery.
- Attendance, Punctuality, Reliability – Arrive on-site, on-time, as scheduled, consistently with a professional disposition. Ensure all work responsibilities are covered in the event of an absence or scheduled vacation.
- Strong Character – Staying calm under pressure is essential. Having an approachable demeanor without compromising Willow Springs Standards of ethics and workmanship.
- Flexibility – Openness to different and new ways of doing things; willingness to modify one’s preferred way of doing things
- Organization – Must be highly organized and efficient in managing the necessary daily client/staff demands and tasks associated with them.
Qualifications and Preferences:
The following requirements and preferences will be evaluated and verified to establish employment eligibility.
- At least One year of sobriety if in recovery.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Customer-oriented and friendly.
- Working quickly without compromising quality
- Ability to work with little supervision and maintain a high level of performance.
- Basic understanding of Fire Codes and Building Codes
- Have dependable transportation
- Valid Driver’s License.
- Current CPR & First Aid Certification.
Willow Springs is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind.