Behavioral Health Technician
The Behavioral Health Technician is responsible for assessing client needs and monitoring behavior while at the program. Under the supervision of the Operations Manager, the Behavioral Health Technician is responsible for documenting activities of daily living, caring for clients, helping to coordinate treatment and executing daily programming. Behavioral Health Technicians also may assist counselors with crisis management, groups and education, as needed.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conduct client rounds document appropriately.
- Complete new admission intake procedures according to Monarch Shores policies on all new admissions (UA, belongings searches, and paperwork).
- Documentation of daily progress in client charts. Overnight staff to document quantity and quality of sleep in progress notes.
- Administering detoxification protocols (completion of vital signs and rounds) on all detoxification clients.
- Crisis intervention
- Assist, teach and/or supervise clients with general household chores.
- Monitor the needs and behaviors of clients; Interact with clients and their families/significant others as needed and documents such interactions.
- Continue to learn about alcohol and/or drug abuse and alcoholism and the principles of recovery.
- Assist and participate with on-site activities, support groups, outings and community meetings, as assigned.
- Maintain facility cleanliness and upkeep of program.
- Utilize principles of communicable disease prevention and control.
- Recognize early signs of illness and the need for professional assistance and follow through & report it immediately.
- Assist in the availability of community services and resources.
- Recognize individuals under the influence of alcohol and/or drugs and documents when needed in communication log and/or an Incident Report.
- Respond to emergencies and initiate action as required.
- Follows HIPAA Regulations.
- Be awake during all shifts.
- Attend and participate in staff meetings and trainings.
- Other duties, as assigned.
Qualifications and Preferences:
- Experience, knowledge or interest in chemical dependency and abuse.
- Valid Driver’s License.
- Ability to communicate and work effectively with diversity.
- Current CPR & First Aid Certification.
- Must be able to lift up to 25lbs
- Must be able to walk throughout our property and use the stairs daily.
Mountain Springs is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind.
Job Type: Full-time
Experience:Behavioral Health: 1 year (Preferred)